Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Year in Review: June 2011...


June 2011

I love volunteering. One particular organization that I love supporting is Fences for Fido. They build fences for dogs and dog owners so that the dog no longer has to live a life continually leashed up. They also provide a house, some treats, and other supplies for the owners and the dogs to enjoy. One day on Sauvie Island in June I and a couple friends volunteered with Fences for Fido to make some of the dog beds. It was a great way to spend the day, outside in nature, doing some good with our time. Check out their website.




After volunteering we enjoyed more of Sauvie Island, stopping by a farm and going on a hike. 


Another one of the highlights of June was hands down Slowstice. My friend co-owns some property in Washington and has a huge camping trip for friends to come and enjoy the scenery, the property, barbeque, chat around a fire, and hear some music. 

Before arriving at Slowstice my friend Jonathan, who was visiting, and I played tourist a bit. I had to show him all of the beauty of the Columbia River Gorge. I can’t wait to show him more of beautiful Oregon. 

I can not wait for the next one!











No comments:

Post a Comment