Sunday, November 10, 2013

Delicious food I eat when I am not eating lettuce...

A couple of the most common questions I get when people find out I am vegan is "What do you eat?" or "So you just eat vegetables and stuff?" I have eaten more variety as a vegan than I ever had as a pescotarian or omnivore. I am really lucky to live in Portland where there are some amazing chefs and eateries creating new and exciting dishes. We also have amazing farmers markets and produce and berries are easily grown locally.

Butternut Squash Soup from Blossoming Lotus

Truffled Seitan Steak from Blossoming Lotus

Ginger Spice Cake from Blossoming Lotus

Vegan Platter from Queen of Sheba

BBQ Burger and Smoky Bacon Fries from Wayward Cafe (Seattle)


Shredded carrot salad from Cruz Room

Pickle Chips from Cruz Room

Mezza Platter from Nicholas' Restaurant

Falafel from Nicholas' Restaurant



No comments:

Post a Comment