Tuesday, November 5, 2013

End of Summer Pasta

Recently, I made an awesome dish that was prefect for bringing in the close of summer. I love pasta and eat it at least once a week. This dish combined pasta, some roasted veggies, and originally called for marinated chicken (I used soy curls instead). I have always sauteed soy curls, but this time I broiled them in a roasting pan with the marinade and it is my new favorite way to cook them. Here is the basic recipe of the marinade and I how I roasted the soy curls. Super easy and really tasty!

1 c olive oil (I haven't used oil for cooking in a year, so I used water)
1/3 c reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
3 T mustard (I used my homemade stone ground mustard)
6 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced

2 1/2 cups of soy curls (or other chicken substitute)


Whisk marinade ingredients together. Rehydrate soy curls, drain excess liquid, and marinate soy curls in marinade, in the refrigerator, for 20-40 minutes. Pour marinade and soy curls out onto a roasting pan and broil for 20 minutes or so, turning the soy curls a couple of times until they reach desired consistency.

Here is the original recipe from Sunset Magazine, September 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment