Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy New Year- A month into it!

January is now almost over and the year is under way. 2011 has proven to be a year that is going to be full of fun, new experiences and potentially dating- maybe even a relationship- again (more so since I am finally at the point to consider the possibility and welcome it).

Since graduating college I have always made a point to come back to Oregon for the New Year holiday, except for the two years I was in Americorps of course. The friends I have in Portland share similar goals, interests and still enjoy going out and staying out late.

This year, two good friends hosted a New Years party that was Mexican themed. We had homemade tamales and even whacked a pinata. It was so much fun. There was dancing, a candy fight and a few first kisses of the New Year.



A few days prior to the coming of 2011 I decided what my "resolutions" would be for this year. Rather than address them as resolutions though I rather see them, and refer to them, as goals. The three things I have come up with are...

* Actually enter the world of blogging as a blogger- check
* Visit my brother in West Africa- planned for December 2011
* Update my life list with goals met and new ones I want to add- in process

What has January told you so far about how the rest of the year might play out for you? What are some of your goals for this year? When was the last time you hit a pinata?

Think about it. Make it happen. Live it. Enjoy it.

Life in 2011.

1 comment: